Oral health care is vital to the success of your smile from your first tooth to your last. Every day you can spend a few minutes taking care of your teeth and gums is another successful day to ensure your smile will continue to function properly for a lifetime of oral health happiness.
It’s never too late to consider what you can do to improve your oral health as you age, which includes the following:
– If your teeth are looking overused, be careful when eating products that can chip or crack your teeth, as your teeth will be more vulnerable to damage than in your youth.
– For further oral health care treatment, schedule a professional mouth cleaning every six months.
– Detrimental ingredients for your smile include tobacco, drugs, and sugar, which all can wreck your smile.
– Aging can make simple responsibilities such as brushing and flossing more difficult. If necessary, switch to alternative cleaners such as electric toothbrushes and water flossers to assist you.
– If you have a tooth replacement product that is detachable, such as dentures, always clean and care for them every night.
– If you are looking for the perfect brush, make sure it can reach all areas of your mouth effectively, and remember to look for brushes with soft bristles.
Dr. Powell at Jordan Landing Smiles wants to ensure your smile shines no matter what condition it is in. If you are thinking about getting your youthful smile back, please contact our dental office in West Jordan, UT, by calling (801) 280-6911 today. We look forward to seeing you smile all year round!