Dental health and a brilliant smile depend on much more than simply brushing regularly. In this post from Jordan Landing Smiles in West Jordan, we present a quick refresher course on vital lifestyle practices that affect oral health.
You are probably familiar with most of these recommendations, but it helps to get a reminder once in a while. We encourage all of our patients to maintain a lifestyle that promotes dental health as well as overall physical health. After all, the two are inseparable.
- Eat a nutritious diet.
- Eat calcium-rich dairy products like milk, cheese, and yogurt to neutralize acids that attack enamel.
- Brush gently but meticulously at least twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Make sure you clean thoroughly between teeth with dental floss or interdental cleaners such as flossing picks.
- Get your teeth professionally cleaned twice a year.
- Have a dental examination twice yearly with your West Jordan dentist.
- Eat a sugar frequently. Sugar triggers the production of harmful cavity-causing acids that weaken enamel.
- Snack throughout the day. This speeds up plaque production and subjects the teeth to constant bombardment with acids.
- Chew on ice.
- Use your teeth as tools. Ever!
- Drink energy drinks.
- Get oral piercings.
- Ignore tooth pain or sensitivity.
At Jordan Landing Smiles in West Jordan, we are committed to dental excellence and the dental health of each one of our patients. Services include general and restorative dentistry. Schedule your next checkup today.
Contact Jordan Landing Smiles – David B. Powell DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):