If you have a set of dentures, it is important to ensure you are taking the time to adequately care for them. You should ensure that all products used to treat them have been approved for use by our expert team at Jordan Landing Smiles. We want to make sure your dentures last for as long as possible with the minimal amount of risk to their safety, and to yours. To keep your dentures clean and safe to ensure they can continue to work for you, we have the following tips to help you care for your dentures:
- After eating, it is always a good idea to remove your dentures to clean them and remove any food particles.
- Be very careful when handling dentures as they can be slippery and easily damaged if dropped.
- Before you insert your dentures or after you remove them, always be sure to clean your mouth safely and efficiently.
- Clean your dentures daily, including soaking them in a denture solution or water. Brush your dentures daily with a nonabrasive cleaner that has been approved by your dentist.
- Soak or store your dentures overnight. Ask your dentist for the best storage methods.
- Schedule regular checkups with your dentist at Jordan Landing Smiles.
- Never use products on your dentures such as abrasive toothpaste or teeth-whitening treatments, as they can easily damage or bleach the dentures.
To schedule your checkups and oral exams with Dr. Powell, please call us at West Jordan Dental Office. Our office is conveniently located in West Jordan, UT. If you have any further questions regarding dentures or any general questions about your oral health, call us today!