If you experience anxiety when undergoing (or even thinking about!) dental treatment, sedation dentistry at Jordan Landing Smiles may be just what you need.
Though it may sound impossible, sedation dentistry allows peopleto actually relax during dental visits. In addition, healing times for oral surgery and extensive cosmetic dentistry procedures are often shorter if the patient is sedated during treatment.
Sedation dentistry is great for alleviating anxiety, and can be effective for treating or working with the following:
- Teeth sensitivity;
- Fear of needles;
- A powerful gag reflex;
- Difficulty in controlling body movement;
- Lengthy multi-procedure visits;
- Difficulty becoming numb with traditional injections.
At Jordan Landing Smiles we offer two types of sedation:
- Nitrous oxide. Better known as laughing gas, nitrous oxide is safe and effective. It works quickly and wears off quickly, and has been used in denture for more than one hundred years.
- IV Sedation. As the name implies, IV sedation is administered intravenously. It won’t make you sleep, but will put you in a deep state of relaxation. You’ll need a ride to and from our office.
You should not have to live with dental anxiety, especially if it prevents you from getting the dental treatment you need. To learn more about sedation dentistry, call Jordan Landing Smiles. We also offer general dentistry. Schedule an appointment today.
Contact Jordan Landing Smiles – David B. Powell DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):